Tuscany: Nature and sea have never been so close Borgo Santo Pietro has taken its lifestyle concept of combining nature and luxury at the highest level one step further with the launch of Satori, a 41.5-metre sailing yacht inspired by the understated elegance of the 1920s and ’30s. Ultimate seclusion, personalised service and unique dining experiences: all unforgettable moments that you can share with your family and friends. According to legend, the seven islands of the Tuscan Archipelago – Elba, Giglio, Giannutri, Capraia, Montecristo, Pianosa and Gorgona – were created when the goddess Venus rose from the sea, dropping seven pearls from her necklace into the shimmering waters below. This stunningly beautiful marine reserve is now the largest protected area of the European seas.
The package includes:
At Borgo Santo Pietro
- Private transfer from Pisa or Florence airport to the hotel;
- Three nights in a luxurious garden suite;
- Traditional Tuscan lunch at our Trattoria sull’Albero (beverages excluded);
- A tour of Borgo Santo Pietro’s 200-acre estate and gardens;
- A guided tour of the Abbey of San Galgano and mysterious ‘sword in the stone’ at the Chapel of Montesiepi and onwards to explore Siena;
- Dinner at our Michelin-starred restaurant Meo Modo (beverages excluded);
- A hands-on cooking lesson at the Borgo Cooking School, where guests discover the secret to making fresh homemade Italian pasta and then sit down to enjoy the fruits of their effort.
- An Exclusive wine-tasting at the Ornellaia Estate. Explore their historic vineyards and visit the cellar where you will be greeted by contemporary artworks that are part of the ‘Vendemmia d’Artista’ project. The tour continues visiting the barrel cellar, the “barricaia,” where the French barriques enfold and mature the base wines. The tour concludes with a guided tasting of the current vintages of Le Volte dell’Ornellaia, Le Serre Nuove dell’Ornellaia,Variazioni in Rosso dell’Ornellaia and Ornellaia.
- Private transfer in the morning to Scarlino port for a tour of the Tuscan Archipelago on boardSatori.
On board the Satori yacht
- Four nights’ luxury accommodation;
- Michelin-starred cuisine served each day by a private onboard gourmet restaurant team;
- Exploration and discovery of the natural wonders of the Tuscan Archipelago:
Once the refuge of Napoleon, Elba’s crystalline waters, storybook-like streetscapes and fascinating history make it one of the archipelago’s most popular sailing destinations.
A paradise for divers and nature lovers, Giglio’s pristine waters and acres of unspoilt wilderness are justifiably renowned, where boats can find several private mooring spots to enjoy sandy beaches and glimmering coves reached only via the water.
The southernmost ‘pearl’ in the Tuscan Archipelago, Giannutri is also its smallest. Free of cars and virtually uninhabited, the island’s natural beauty is strictly protected, providing an underwater wonderland for keen snorkellers and divers, and an untouched landscape to explore on foot.
Capraia’s volcanic legacy, Cala Rossa, a fiery red volcanic crater provides an arresting view set against verdant clifftops and deep blue seas. Nature rules supreme here, as the island’s historic and brightly coloured port gives way to a rugged landscape of dramatic cliffs, ancient towers, and jewel-coloured coves.
Legend surrounds the island of Montecristo, location of Alexandre Dumas’s famous novel. Now a protected nature reserve, it harbours rich marine life in its pristine waters and a wealth of native plants and rare bird colonies. Note: Access to the island is strictly limited to authorised guests.
The island’s shallow waters swarm with sea life and are among the purest and least explored of the entire Mediterranean. Ancient Roman remains can be found amongst the island’s lush vegetation, alongside more than 30 different and rare sea bird species while dolphins are often spotted off the coast.
Gorgona has only been fully open to tourism since spring 2016, and so visitors to the island are at the frontier of experiencing its highly protected natural wonders. Rare bird species flourish on the island, and visitors can explore its crystal-clear waters in regulated scuba-diving spots.
Valid: 01 May 2018 - 31 October 2018
Offers subject to availability. Rates based on double occupancy only.
Not accumulable with other offers or amenities. Pre-paid and non-refundable. Not retroactive.
Maximum capacity of the yacht: 10 people
Satori is not available for day trips. Minimum 3 days’ rental and exclusive use only.