Knights Templar Offer
Uncovering the Mystery of the Knights Templar
A two-night full immersion in the legendary history surrounding Borgo Santo Pietro
This itinerary follows the trail of the mysterious Knights Templar a mere stone’s throw from Borgo. We begin with a guided tour of the spectacular ruined Abbey of San Galgano and nearby Chapel of Montesiepi to witness the remarkable ‘Sword in the Stone’, and continue with a visit to the birthplace of San Galgano at Chiusdino.
Our journey then takes us to Siena, where we unravel the mysterious tales and history of the Knights Templar. Known as the ‘City of the Templars’, Siena was once a fundamentally important stopover for medieval pilgrims walking the Via Francigena pilgrimage route from Canterbury to Rome, who were protected along the way by the sword of the Templars.
The package includes:
- Two nights in the room of your choice, with buffet breakfast included.
- Six-hour guided tour with private transfer on the trail of the Knights Templar, from the Abbey of San Galgano and Chapel of Montesiepi to Chiusdino and Siena.
- In Siena, the Templar trail continues with a visit to the ‘San Pietro alla Magione’ church and to the ‘Sator del Duomo’ (cathedral) of Siena. In conclusion, receive the ‘Bisaccia del Pellegrino’, a special taste of local products.
- Traditional Tuscan lunch in a medieval-era trattoria.
- One-and-a-half-hour wine-tasting session with our sommelier in the cellar of Borgo Santo Pietro.
Starting from € 2160
Valid: 01 March 2018 - 31 October 2018
Offers subject to availability. Rates based on double occupancy only.
Not accumulable with other offers or amenities. Pre-paid and non-refundable. Not retroactive.